Thinking of going to University?
If you complete a TAFE NSW Diploma or Advanced Diploma this can be the equivalent of one or two years study at University.
By studying at TAFE NSW first, you:
- can get through your studies faster
- studying in smaller class sizes
- can ‘test the waters’ of the career area before you commit to further study and HECs bills
- gain real ‘job ready’ experience by completing work placement. This makes you all the more attractive to potential employers
- can use your new qualification to work in your career area whilst completing your studies at university
- fast track you way to employment by making the most of TAFE NSW’s partnerships with regional universities.
When you study a Certificate IV or Diploma course at TAFE NSW, you have the option to:
- study a Degree at the same time via an Integrated Program
- finish your TAFE NSW qualification then head to university with subject credits via an Articulated Program.
You can find out more information about higher education pathways by visiting the TAFE NSW Uni Credit Transfer website or by searching the TAFE NSW Credit Transfer database to tailor your study journey from TAFE NSW to Higher Education.
Alternatively, you can study degrees at TAFE NSW. We now offers a range of higher education courses to get you qualified and ready for the workforce.