Applying for a position? You will be required to provide Proof of Identity.
When you attend an interview for TAFE Illawarra you will be asked to provide Proof of Identity for an identity check. This is to ensure all applicants have identified themselves appropriately.
Please bring with you to the interview one document from each list.
List 1 - Primary Identification
- Full birth certificate (showing parental details)
- Current Australian passport or document issued by the Australian Passport Office. If expired, it must have expired within the two years.
- Current overseas passport
- Australian naturalisation or citizenship document or immigration papers issued by the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs
- Current driver photo licence issued within Australia
- Current photo identity card issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
List 2 - Secondary Identification
- Current Medicare card, pensioner concession card, Department of Veteran Affairs entitlement card or any other current entitlement issued by the Commonwealth Government
- Current credit card or account card from a bank, building society or credit union or a passbook or account statement up to one year old
- Telephone, gas or electricity bill up to one year old
- Water rates notice, council rates or land valuation notice up to two years old
- Armed services discharge document up to two years old
- Current student identity card, or a certificate or statement of enrolment up to two years old form an educational institution.
All documents should be originals. Photocopies are not acceptable.
At least one of the documents should show your signature and current address.
You will be requested to present the originals to the selection panel for sighting if you are called to interview.