Are you struggling to get through your apprenticeship financially? If you’re eligible, the Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarship may be able to help.
What are Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships?
The Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarship was launched in 2014 and has been created to assist apprentices who need additional financial support.
The scholarships are named in honour of the NSW Apprenticeships Ambassador, Bert Evans AO, who has spent a lifetime supporting vocational education and training and apprentices in NSW.
50 first year recipients will receive $5,000 each year, for three years.
The Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarships will assist apprentices in NSW who have demonstrated:
- hardship in their personal circumstances.
- aptitude to successfully complete their trade training.
- a positive attitude and application in the workplace and in off the job training.
|Value:||Up to $15,000|
Number of Scholarships:
Year of Scholarship:
Apprentices who face significant challenges in completing their qualification
Starting or completing an apprenticeship
Am I eligible?
You can apply for a Bert Evans Apprentice Scholarship if you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be an Australian citizen or hold permanent resident status.
- Have commenced their apprenticeship between 1st March 2016 and 30th May 2017.
- Be a registered apprentice and be a resident in NSW for the term of the apprenticeship.
- The apprenticeship must be in a trade in a skill shortage category in NSW
- The apprentice must be in one or more of the following categories:
- Country apprentice working in regional New South Wales
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander apprentice
- Apprentice with a disability
- Female apprentice in a non-traditional trade for women
- Apprentice working in a skills shortage occupation and experiencing hardship.
The Scholarships are worth $5,000 per year for up to three years.
How do I apply?
You will need to fill in an nomination form. The nomination form will require a statement from the employer and training organisation.
The nomination form must be endorsed by the nominee (apprentice), employer and training organisation.
The nomination should include all relevant factual details relating to the nominee as specified by the nomination form.
For details of the application process download the guidelines and nomination form below.
The applications will remain open until the close of business 5:00pm on Tuesday, 30 May 2017.
If you would like more information, call 13 28 11.